How to Install Site Seal
Quick Guide to Install Sectigo Site Seal on Your Website to Indicate Site Is Secure
Site Seal is one of the important features provided by every trusted CAs (Certificate Authorities) that boosts confidence and inspires trust, and even boosts conversion rates in some situations.
Site Seal Installation
Installing a site seal is a simple and straightforward process. If you’ve ever embedded any video or uploaded an image, you might find it easier to install Site Seal.
But before installing a site seal, let’s first understand what some of the prerequisites are.
Prerequisites to Install Site Seal
- Access to website code and some familiarity with the same
- Site seal code that’s readily available through your SSL/TLS certificate provider’s account, or you even receive an email message containing the site seal code from whom you purchase your SSL certificate.
Guide to Install Site Seal to Web Page
For installing a site seal, you’ve two options to choose from.
1. Locate code of site seal
- You can directly get the site seal code in an account (Account you made for purchasing SSL/TLS certificate).
- You even receive an email to an email address with which you’ve purchased an SSL certificate.
1. Get the code of the site seal.
- You can find the site seal code directly through your SSL certificate provider account.
- You may have received in an email that you registered with an SSL certificate provider.
3. Now, select and copy HTML code and paste it into an HTML document in the location where you want your site seal to be displayed on the web page.
Installing More Than One Site Seal on Same Web Page
1. Same Site Seal on Same Web Page
2. Different Site Seal on Same Web Page
Benefits of Installing Site Seal
Sectigo offers free site seal to all their customers, and presently it’s used by thousands of Sectigo customers globally. Installing Sectigo site seal into your website will help to gain the trust of customers that will help:
- Increasing trust in your website will help to grow your online business.
- Shows online business is authenticated by a trusted Certificate Authority.
- Give confidence to the user that they’re on the safe site that helps to complete transactions.
- Increases conversion rate.
- It helps customers verify your organization on their own, which adds more credibility to your online business.
Some Common Site Seal Issues
Sometimes it happens that your site seal won’t be displayed, and you might face some issues. For example,
Site Seal Doesn’t Work Even After Installation
Some of the common reasons why your site seal doesn’t work are like:
- Your installed SSL/TLS certificate is expired, and it hasn’t been renewed. Once, SSL/TLS certificate expires, the site seal stops loading.
- Modified site seal code. If you’ve modified the provided site seal code, replace it with the original code.
- Every Site Seal is provided specifically for the purchased SSL/TLS certificate. It’s suggested that you verify that you’re installing a site seal on a website for which SSL/TLS certificate has been purchased, whether it’s Common Name or SAN.